30 April 2012

Weight Loss Success Stories: Taralynn Lost 25lbs by Simply Changing Her Eating Habits


  

I love to share weight loss success stories of people who have done the hard work and made the choice to change their lives. Reading their story is one of my way to find inspiration and boost my motivation to lose weight.

This success story comes from a girl who was born in Virginia and raised in a military family.

Taralynn, 20 had to deal with her low self-esteem when she was a child, because she was always became a target of bullies at her new school. But when she finally gained acceptance and appreciation in middle school where all the kids from different schools were joined, she started to found happiness, formed an unhealthy eating habits and had lack of exercise.

She then became overweight for her age. I surfing around her interesting blog, Undressed Skeleton to learn how she lose the weight.

Before and After Weight Loss: Taralynn lost 25lbs simply by changing her eating habits

What made you decide to lose weight?
The first day in high school hit me one morning when I was staring at myself in the mirror. I observed the weight change through the years and remembered what I had promised myself the week I left the mall empty handed “I will start my diet tomorrow”. I used the phrase almost every time I put something bad in my mouth, I used it as a comfort. That was the moment I decided the drinking and late night partying needed to end.

What changes you made to lose weight?
Having breakup with a boyfriend for the first time is supposed to sting but this stung a little too much. Food and friends would be the first thing I would turn to, but I didn’t have anyone left and food didn’t fill the emptiness, it's just fueled the fire of my anxiety. After taking a long walk, I realized that it actually gave me a little control over eating healthier. I started changing my eating habits gradually. I ended up training my body to relate exercise as a way of relaxation.

The Biggest Loser: Healthy diet and active lifestyle has transform herself physically

How long does it takes to see your weight loss result? 
25lbs had fallen off through the simplicity of switching to a healthy diet and a active life. The compliments I received from the people around me kept pushing me to move forward and continue to be strong. The reason I lost so much weight the first month is because when you first start a diet you lose a lot of the extra water weight you consume through sodium and other processed foods. I finally had control over my life and it felt great.

Share to us your workout
I love working out, but only when it’s fun. Swimming, hiking, walking, playing sports, dancing are some of my favorite work outs! Sometimes I’ll attempt new workouts when I go to the gym.

Taralynn's workout


Your 5 best weight loss tips?
1. Controlling Portion Sizes
Always keep measuring cups on hand, they are very helpful when controlling portion sizes with foods like, dressings, peanut butter, cereal, salts, sugars etc. It’s okay to have everything in moderation. Even healthy foods need to be eaten in moderation.

2. Watch out of late night eating
Whether it’s to quell anxiety or loneliness, to make up for insufficient calories during the day, or to fall asleep, overeating at night — well after dinner is over — is a common problem. If you’re prone to excess snacking after dinner, or if your habit evolves into a serious overeating problem (called Night-Eating Syndrome, or NES), treatments such as journaling, planning ahead, and changing your bedtime routine might help.

3. Rearrange your Refrigerator

Think of the top, eye-level shelf as your kitchen’s primary fuel station: Place washed, dried, and cut-up fruits and raw vegetables in airtight containers on the top shelf. Berries are perishable, so rinse only before eating. Add a few hard-boiled eggs for a quick peel-and-eat protein boost. Consume all foods here within two or three days, and replenish.

4. Don’t compare yourself to others
Every body is different. It stands to reason that everybody will lose weight differently. Even if you do the exact same things that I do, you won’t lose weight at the same rate. The key is in finding your triggers. Keep your goal in sight, and do whatever you have to do to meet that goal. When you start looking at someone else’s habits, you’re only going to become discouraged and quit without even realizing that it’s physically impossible to be anybody but yourself.

5. Don't give up when you don't see result
When you don’t see results it’s very frustrating. Stay off the scale and quit counting calories. Go by how you feel and how your clothes fit. The scale is NEVER accurate because our bodies fluctuate and different people weigh in differently. If you still don’t feel like any results are happening then don’t quit, just change what you are doing. Find out whats stopping you from staying healthy, is it the after lunch ice creams or late night soda pops? Cut them out and see if there is a change.



*All photos are copyright by Undressed Skeleton
Do you know any great weight loss success story? Or do you have an inspirational story about your own weight loss? We want to know your weight loss secrets! Add your story here and give others an inspiration and motivation to lose weight today.
If this success story inspire you to lose weight and encourage you to practice a healthy lifestyle, don't forget to share this with your friends on facebook and twitter!

Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



3 comments:

  1. very motivational!

    http://chicken-dreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This success story comes from a girl who was born in Virginia and raised in a military family.And so beautiful image girl.
    Thanks so nice blog.

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP