05 April 2012

Day 11 on Water Fasting for Weight Loss: 3 Ways To Not Gain Weight After Water Fasting

source

Day 11/40.

I can't believe I did water fasting for 11 days now, with a small amount of cheating last weekend. I prepared egg sandwich for my family this morning. That is one of my favorite food, I almost give in to this. One thing I learn about water fasting is about self-control and I greatly value the lessons and experience.

Since the past 3 days I manage to drag myself to do light exercise, and I did Kathy Smith's Pilatesyesterday. Today I plan to do Jillian Michaels' Yoga but seem like I have to postpone it to another day because I feel very weak today. The thought of food keep coming across my mind.

Cheesy Pizza.

Donuts.

Wat Tan Hor.

Egg Sandwich.

Buras.

...and the list goes on.

 It's pretty natural to have desire for food while water fasting. That's why it been said that fasting make you fatter. The real problem is not about how much you lose during a fasting but it's about gaining control of your appetite after the water fasting.

Joshua Zader suggested this ideas on Mudita Journal about how to break a water fast without gaining weight back.

1. Eat smaller portions of high quality food
Take advantage of the opportunity to eat smaller portions of high quality food rather than larger quantities of lower quality food. Good foods to use when breaking your fast include steamed veggies (yellow squash, broccoli, etc.) and fresh fruits like watermelon and blueberries. Stay away from anything spicy or sour or acid.

2. Breaking your fast with whole foods
Breaking your fast with whole foods (rather than juices) will help stimulate a bowel movement, which is very good. Hopefully you were doing daily water enemas while you were fasting, to help remove all the old stuff from your guts along the way.

3. Devote one day to breaking the fast for each day of your fast
If you fast for five days, you should spend five days gradually re-introducing food into your diet, beginning with the easiest foods to digest (cooked veggies, yogurt, etc) and finishing with the hardest (meats, spicy food).

source
P.S. - It's shameful to abandon my water fasting after making my commitment public. But why I want to stay committed is nothing to do with pride, actually. I am obese, my mom often calls me fat which offended to me, and that is one of my motivation to lose weight. 
However, too bad for today...today is Good Friday Eve, my sister brings food when she stop by our house and I use that excuse to break a fast. After a war with my mind. Too soon. But that's not the reason to give up water fasting altogether. Tomorrow is another day, and I will continue my water fasting as usual. 

Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



1 comment:

  1. Fascinating! Thanks for an inside look at water fasting.

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP