03 April 2012

Day 9 on Water Fasting for Weight Loss: Weight loss, Metabolism and Exercise During Water Fasting

I am on Day 9 on water fasting.

Today is my weigh in day. Well, I started water fasting last week at 72.9 kg (158.5 lbs). Let's see how I do this week.


70.5 kg! (155.4 lbs).

I've lost 2.4 kg in about 7 days. I am happy with the progress but a bit disappointed because I expect it to be around 68 kg or at least 69 kg. I feel slightly weak and I think that is a normal state in water fasting. To be honest, during the last 3 days I have incorporate my water fasting with juice upon wake up and before bed to get extra energy. Cheating could be another excuse for the poor progress, is it so?

Here are common questions about water fasting.

Does water fasting slow down our metabolism? Dr. Ben Kim answers:
Metabolic rate fluctuates according to our moment-to-moment physiological needs. When we are active, our metabolic rate speeds up. When we sleep, our metabolic rate slows down. In the same way, when we fast, our metabolic rate slows down because our physiological needs are lower than they are when we are consuming food and going about our regular activities. When a fast is broken and a person returns to eating and more activity, her metabolic rate increases to match her increasing physiological needs.
So how much weight will I lose on water fasting? Dr. Ben Kim answers:
On average, a typical faster loses approximately one pound per day during a water-only fast. Initially, the loss may approach two or even three pounds per day for the first few days if the person is retaining significant sodium and water. This can decrease to approximately half a pound per day in the later stages of a fast. From day two onward, the body begins utilizing fatty tissues for energy, thereby conserving as much muscle tissue as possible, a mechanism called protein sparing.
Can I exercise during a water fasting? Tom Coghill of Fasting.ws answers:
Fasting gets easier the longer you fast. There will be days you will have boundless energy and others with low energy. When they come is totally unpredictable. The change can come within and hour. Dragged out and tired to energetic or just the opposite. I water skied 6 miles on the 5 day of a water fast but the next day I paid a heavy price. With water fasting conserver your energy. Do not exercise except for stretching exercises or a walk.
source
I decided to go back to a straight water fasting this week.

Easter is coming this Sunday, and that is my another concern. Water fasting over Easter is difficult. I don't want to abandon my water fasting commitment and start all over again after Easter. If that so, I could make another cheat, and start all over again and I'll never reach my weight loss goal that way.

I try to stay focused for whatever reason and regarding water fasting over Easter, I'll save the worry until the day.



Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



1 comment:

  1. May i just ask how tall you are and how much more weight do you want to lose?

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP