09 April 2012

Day 12 on Water Fasting for Weight Loss: Can Yoga Help You Lose Weight?

source
Day 12.

I decided to do yoga today. Since I am on water fasting, it is advisable for me to get more rest and conserve my energy. But I am feeling good this day, so I think a light exercise should be okay.

But doing Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown is really beyond my expectation. They look light and easy at first sight but only after unroll my yoga mat did I realize that yoga is more intense than aerobic exercise. I completed 10 minutes routine from a total of 35 minutes workout.

 

Can yoga help you lose weight?

Doing yoga can help you lose weight, but it depends on what style of yoga you do, says Jenny Sugar in Fit Sugar.

While personal trainer, Kevin Zahri writes in his blog, that yoga is least effective in losing weight compare to conventional cardio exercises like jogging or aerobics, but its better than doing nothing at all.

Ben Greenfield writes in Get-Fit Guy about a separate research in 2005 and 2007. The studies found out that people taking a beginner yoga class burn 2.3-3.2 calories per minute, about the same calorie burn as strolling through the mall--or about 104-144 calories in a 45 minute workout. At this rate, to burn one pound (or 3500 calories) of fat, you’d have to perform over 28 hours of yoga!

What your experience with yoga?



Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



No comments:

Post a Comment

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP