09 May 2012

Weigh In Day: 7 Healthy Late-Night Snack Ideas

I haven't weighed myself at all last week. I've spent the last week at my parents house and I didn't bring my own scale so I missed to check my progress. I tried to skip weighing myself this week. I've been off the wagon during my stay at my parents' house and a bad weigh in would just discourage me. But I am still curious to know how much weight I have gained. :)

I stepped on the scale last Monday to find out ...



I am
68.9 kg this week! Last 2 week I was 69.0 kg. Though the weight loss is only 0.1 kg variance, I'm still happy because I expect lots of weight gain instead. Maybe skipping late night meal and go to bed early, help me maintain my weight? This positive progress encourage me to eat better, exercise more and lose weight.

source
It is said that late night eating is bad, especially if you want to lose weight. One of the popular reason is you’ll be less likely to burn the calories you just ate because you're less active at night. And when you go to sleep with extra unburn calories, your body convert it to fat and store it in the fat cells.

But going to bed hungry may disrupt your sleep and contribute to restlessness. According to researchers, late night snack won't likely make you gain weight if it's an occasional thing. To prevent hungry at night, I will usually eat a little planned snack.

And, I also follow this late-night snack rules from Men's Fitness: stick to less than 300 calories—anything more is a meal. And wait at least an hour before hitting the sack so you have plenty of time to digest.

The following are my 7 choices of healthy late-night snack. I got the ideas from Men's Fitness and Self:


 


1.Strawberry Shakes

Blend kefir (it's like a liquid yogurt), strawberries, and a teaspoon of honey for a refreshing protein shake that's also chock-full of digestion-enhancing probiotics.





2. Frozen Blueberries

A cup of the fruit is packed with vitamins, antioxidants, and more than 4 grams of fiber. For a richer snack, top them with a little light whipping cream.



3. Banana
It is a natural source of melatonin and it's a great snack for when you are feeling lazy because it doesn't require any work to prepare. As an added bonus, the potassium in the banana may prevent you from waking up during the night with sore, cramping muscles after an intense workout.



 
4. Oatmeal
Oatmeal is high-fiber content coupled with the relaxing and satisfying effect of the carbohydrates makes it a perfect evening snack. To kick up the flavor, add a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.





5. Popcorn
It's a great snack to munch on in the evenings because you can have a lot of it (3 cups popped) for only 100 calories if you skip dousing it in butter. Use lime powder for tang, cayenne pepper for heat, or a dash of cinnamon for sweetness. The fiber in it will also help satisfy your hunger and ward off cravings.



6. Greek yogurt
It's high protein, low in sugar, and can really fill you up. For more flavor, mix in your own fruit, like sliced papaya.




7. Dark chocolate
The darker the better. Chocolate made with at least 70% cacao contains less sugar and more antioxidants than its milky cousin.






What kind of late-night snack you choose to satisfy your hunger? Share your ideas below. It's another great way of learning about healthy eating.

Happy snacking!

Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



No comments:

Post a Comment

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP