14 May 2012

Monday Weigh In and Weight Loss Inspiration: Disable Man Lose Weight Lost 100lbs in 6 Months Doing Yoga and Able to Walk Again

Today is Monday weigh in. I don't expect any weight loss because all last week I am eating more calories than my body burns. At first, I plan to skip weigh-in today. But then I become curious to know how poor my progress is, and knowing so will help me to set my next goal.

Last week I was 68.9kg
This week I weigh 68.6 kg.
Body measurement (chest-waist-hips in inches): 39 - 34½  - 42½.
I had another loss this week! Though 0.3 kg is consider small, I am still happy to have a small loss this week.

I've read in fit freedom that you can’t depend on the scale to tell you when you’re doing well. If you're working out but gaining weight instead of losing it, you don't have to be bothered about it. The explanation is simple: muscle weighs more than fat. When you start to build muscle from working out, you’re effectively burning the fat that used to be there and gaining muscle. Based on that knowledge, I measure my body start this week to see my progress.

Criss Before and After Weight Loss
After reading Criss' inspiring weight loss success story, I took pictures of mine starting this month to motivate me to lose weight. To look at your picture is hard when you're not happy with your weight, let alone to post it here and let the world to see. So I decided to keep my picture for myself at the moment and use it as self motivation to work harder and get result.

Speaking of motivation, a friend shares this inspiring video on YouTube about Arthur Boorman. He was a disabled veteran of the Gulf War for 15 years, and was told by his doctors that he would never be able to walk on his own, ever again. He was injured as a paratrooper in the Gulf War. Too many jumps took its toll on his back and his knees. He gained a lot of weight but couldn't do traditional, higher impact exercise because his condition is impossible for him. He decided to try yoga after stumbled upon an article about Diamond Dallas Page doing Yoga. Even though doctors told him walking would never happen, Arthur was persistent. He fell many times, but kept going.

He lost 100 pounds in 6 months! 

He proves that anything is possible. Don't waste any time thinking you are stuck - you can take control over your life, and change it faster than you might think. Prepare to be inspired by this video.

 



Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



1 comment:

  1. The video is higly impressive. It is proved once again that anything is possible even if everybody tells you that you are stuck and leave things like they are. I am really proud of these people who are persistant and never give up. That is what everyone must do despite somebody's opinions. Thumbs up!!!!

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP