01 June 2013

Letter to Myself: How to Pick Yourself Up After a Setbacks

If you visited my post before this, you'll know we just celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. I want to thank to everyone for the anniversary wishes!

 
5 months has passed and I have already wasted those 5 months for not losing weight. I feel really bad for not doing well with my weight loss goal. But I think to myself if I just sit and mourn my failure, I am going to waste another 5 months of not losing weight. And my weight loss resolution will carry forward to year 2014. And I will trapped in the cycle forever.

So, today I am recommitting to myself. I am going to pick myself up off the ground, dust myself off and get back on this horse. But it's easier said than done.

Has this ever happened to you? How do you get unstuck, pick yourself up and start all over again?


1. Acknowledge setbacks
Acknowledge your feelings about it but don’t dwell on them. Once you've acknowledged the setback and the associated feelings, accept them as normal, learn from the lesson lurking in the setback, don’t judge yourself, and let the feelings and the setback go.

2. Make a list to reevaluate your expectations
You are depressed simply because you are overwhelmed with all the things you have to do that you haven’t gotten around to doing. Start simply by picking up a piece of paper and a pen, and list down your weight loss affirmation. Simply making a list can help to reflect and re-focus on your expectations. The result just might be more clarity, relaxation and direction.

Coco Chanel Quotes

3. Take action
Start scheduling and develop your workout routine. Use your weight loss affirmation effectively to remind you of your weight loss goal. Once you've got the momentum, you'll feels much better than lying around feeling sorry for yourself.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
― Winston Churchill

4.Stay positive
Rather than focusing on what you did wrong, consider what you did right today. Blog about it. Grab a pen and paper and write down everything that went right in your day. Talk about it to your best friend, family member, or co-worker. And then there’s always online forums to find someone to talk to. Getting things off your chest can be a huge lift. Tomorrow is a chance to start over and do it right.

Marilyn Monroe Quotes

How do you pick yourself up when faced with setbacks? Thanks for listening.



Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



10 comments:

  1. Great list! I do this all the time. I know what I have to do and I can't figure out why I have so much trouble sticking with it! As I posted the other day, "a month from now you'll wish you had started today." So true!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Kristin! I dont want to left regret in the next 5 months so i want to stick this time. It's sure not going to be an easy process but am glad to have people like you whom encourage along my journey. Thanks Kristin.

      Delete
  2. Great tips, falling or failing is not a tragedy, the tragedy is staying down when we can rise and succeed again. I pray strength and motivation to see you through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. Appreciate it so much, Ugochi.

      Delete
  3. Hi Honeybee, I just started a new blog for my weight loss journey. Hopefully this time it'll help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane. Can't wait to find out more about it. Blogging about our weight loss journey is the best way to keep ourselves accountable to our goal. All the best to us. :)

      Delete
  4. I picked myself after setbacks when I found your blog, It is encouraging me to start losing weight and now I started eating clean and I'm going to the gem next week :) I become addicted to your blog and reading " Hall of success " also I'm truly inspired by Sapna , Wendy , TARALYN and Kate.
    I'm really happy because I found your blog. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. khadija hassan, thanks for your support. Good luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP