02 June 2013

35 Day Challenge: Drop One Dress Size in 5 Weeks Without Cardio


I visited some weight loss blog this week, and I read some amazing posts - people are showing off their before and after weight loss picture. That's inspiring me. But on the other hand, I feel so disappointed with myself. Should I have been very consistent and highly discipline within the past 5 month, I must already 10 kg lighter by today. My weight loss progress is very slow. Or actually no progress at all. But I love being positive. My birthday is still 5 months away, so I still have a chance to redeem myself. My ultimate weight loss goal this year.


I want to attain my weight loss goal, hence I challenge myself to drop one dress sizes in 5 weeks. Without cardio. According to Men's Fitness, cardio such as running burns some calories but it lacks the anabolic effect of weight training, so it isn't as efficient for fat loss. I'd like to test this. But I don't want to do this alone. This self-challenge would be fun if I have someone join me. Just for 35 days. Well, hosting something 'big' like this is actually terrifying me. What happens if I stop halfway through the challenge? Isn't it embarrassing? What happens if I'm not making any progress? But I am taking this risk in a hope to help me stay on track and achieve my goals with accountability. Would you care to accompany me?

The plan:
1. This challenge starts June 2 and goes through July 6, 2013. First, take measurements of your waist, arms, neck and hips. Even if you are not losing pounds, you very well may be losing inches all over your body as your figure slims down and tones up with muscles.
2. Complete all exercises (this is called a circuit) for the number of sets listed. Do this circuit  two or three times a week. You may of course need to talk to your doctor first before starting any new diet plan and exercise program.
3. There are four cardio blasts mixed into the workout to keep your heart rate elevated and help you burn more calories. Starting with week three, increase the number of sets; by week five you should be completing three sets of each exercise.
4. YOU CAN'T OUT-RUN A BAD DIET: Eat meals high in protein and fats but low in sugar to avoid storing excess calories as fat. (I'm thinking I'm going to try Intermittent Fasting.)
5. I will post a serial post of "Daily Dose of Motivation" for 35 Days to support my effort and to encourage fellow buddy. Come back and report your status in the comment - your physical side, emotional challenge, etc. The only thing better than losing weight alone, is to find someone to share their journey! You may want to consider to subscribe to Her Weight Loss Diary by email to be notified about new post.

Enter your email address:



6. If you are a blogger, you are also welcome to write a blog post explaining how you work towards this weight loss challenge then link up your post. Browse through the other participants' blog posts, to see how everyone else is doing, and be sure to leave comments when you can.
7. Tweet me @HoneybeeGB and use hashtag #HEWLD35day daily. Read what others are saying and join the conversation. This activity can serve as a support system and hold ourselves accountable throughout the challenge.
8. Special post every Saturday 8:00 PM Malaysia Time - Record your progress in the comment, your waist, arms, neck and hips measurement.
9. If you have fatsecret account, we can mingle around there too. Check in here.


The Fat-Blasting Circuit
This circuit routine is excerpted from fitnessmagazine.com, created by Tracey Mallet, the author of Sexy in Six.

You'll need:

1. A set of 3 to 8 pound dumbbells.
2. Yoga mat (optional)


1. Flamingo Balance
(Target: Arms, core, glutes, thighs; improve balance)

  • Stand with feet staggered, right foot forward, holding dumbbells.
  • Lean forward slightly and lift left foot, toes pointed, bringing leg to hip heightand left hand to hip.
  • At the same time, raise right arm to shoulder height, plam down; rotate hand so palm faces up and curl wight toward shoulder.
  • Touch toes back down for a moment and repeat.
  • Do 8 to 12 reps; switch sides.

2. Plank Twist to Dog Split
(Target: arms, chest, core, hips, legs)

  • (a) Begin in full push-up position, hands on mat under shoulders and legs extended behind you, abs tight.
  • Bring right knee toward left elbow without lifting hips; hold for 2 counts.
  • (b) Bring right leg back and lift it as high as you can, opening the hip.
  • Do 8 to 12 reps; switch sides.

3. Go to Cardio Move: PENDULUM (1 minutes)

4. Wide-Leg Plank with Jab
(Target: shoulders, arms, back, core)

  • Start in full push-up position with leg a few inches wider than shoulder-width apart and a dumbbell near right hand.
  • Grab dumbbell and punch right hand under body toward left side.
  • Return to start and lower weight to floor; repeat
  • Do 8 to 12 reps; switch sides.

5. Oblique Twist with Leg Extension
(Target: arms, abs, obliques, thigh)

  • Lie on the right side, knee slightly bent and legs stacked in front of body;
  • Hold both dumbbells in front of chest.
  • Lift weight across body toward left side while extending left leg.
  • crunch up to 2 counts, then retun to start, lowering leg.
  • Do 8 to 12 reps; switch sides.
6. Repeat Cardio Move PENDULUM

7. Front Lunge to Warrior
(Target: Shoulders, arms, core, glutes, thigh)

  • (a) Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
  • Lunge forward with right leg; bending knee 90 degrees
  • At the same time, lift arms to chest height.
  • (b) Hinge forward at the hips and lift leg behind you to hip height; balance for 2 counts.
  • Return to start and repeat.
  • Do 8 to 12 reps; switch sides.
8. Single-Leg Lunge Rotation
(Target: Shoulder, obliques, glutes, thighs)

  • (a) Stand with feet hip-width apart,  a dumbbell in each hand.
  • Raise right arm overhead, with palm facing in while lifting right knee to hip height, left hand by hip.
  • (b) Squat with left leg, bringing weight forward outside of left knee, as you lift right leg behind you, bringing heel to hip height.
  • Hold for 2 counts.
  • Stand up, balancing on left leg, and repeat.
  • Do 8 to 12 reps; switch sides.
9. Go to Cardio Move: Repeater Knees ( 30 seconds on each leg)



10. Toe Squat with Overhead Reach
(Target: shoulders, core, hips glutes, thigh, calves)



  • Stand with feet together, knees and ankles touching and arms raised overhead, holding a dumbbell in each hand with palms facing foward.
  • Lower hips into a half-squat, then lift heels, balancing on balls of feet.
  • From here, lift and lower glutes about 4 inches.
  • Do 8 to 12 reps.
11. Quad Stretch with Biceps Lift
(Target: biceps, abs, quads)

Kneel on mat with legs hip-width apart, arms extended in front of body at chest height with elbows lightly bent, holding dumbbells with palm facing up.
Keeping upper body still and abs tight, lean back 45 degrees from hips.
From here, slowly lift and lower arms about 4 inches.
Do 8 to 12 reps.

12. Repeat REPEATER KNEES

Come back on June 2 to start this challenge with me. Would you care to accompany me? Let me know in the comment.


Enter your email address:





Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



15 comments:

  1. Weight training is so amazing for your body! You will do great. Remember, if you gain a few pounds at first, DON'T WORRY! This happens. Its the inches that matter.
    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. antara benda paliingggg susah nak buat, turunkan berat badan T___T :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nak menambah berat badan bukan main senang kan @nadia.

      Delete
  3. saya sokong Honeybee GB ^_^..saya akan cuba join sebab saya pun nak turunkan 20kg sekarang ni...huhu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up on the Bloglovin Blog Hop tonight! Love seeing new faces. Now following via GFC, but I didn't see your Bloglovin link?

    Take care,
    Meg
    Happy Kids, Inc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follows, Meg. I just realize my bloglovin link is not there. Thanks for the heads-up.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE your blog! I was so excited to see this post! I am going to encorporate this into my regular workout routine! I'm a little excited about this. Do you mind if I share this on my blog and of course I will have you as my source. :) http://yvettestamper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's do this together Yvette. I am glad you want to share this in your blog. Sharing is caring. :)

      Delete
  6. I would encourage you not to get discouraged by not seeing the same results as others may see- easier said than done, I know. Everyone works at their own pace and I feel like often loosing weight at a slower, healthier pace helps you to achieve a long term, permanent goal.

    This sounds like a FABULOUS plan for the month of June & I'm so encouraged by it. I can't wait to read up on your progress and how amazingly you are doing. You've got this, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Circuit training is a great way to lose fat and gain muscle as you're incorporating the cardio into the weight program. Bob Harper has built all of his workouts on this style of workout. It is also one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my post and join in on the fun!!! xoxox DANI!!!
    http://thatfitnesschic.blogspot.com/2013/06/woo-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. please keep updating on your progress;)
    Muscle training is so good to build some muscle more muscle you get, the more calorie u can actually burn!
    i just discovered your blog and i think your blog is amazing, i do enjoy reading your posts;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dani, Thank you. How lovely. I'm going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP