17 April 2013

Blogger of 'Token Fat Girl' has Passed Away

It has come to my attention that Lorrie Fenn, the blogger behind the Token Fat Girl blog, has passed away.  I know the news from Black Girls Get Fit. This is such a sad news. I'm only a stranger to her blog who happens to be inspired by her strong spirit. Indeed, Lorrie's blog is one of the first weight loss blog I read. She put blogging on hold, and I have wondered about her since.


In her final blog post, she mention about taking a blog break:

It’s been a struggle for me to keep the blog up this past year, if not longer. To be frank, I’m bored with talking about fat, food, and fitness. I’m tired of reading about it as much as I am writing about it.

I’m not, however, tired of working towards being a healthier person. But, blogging about this, doesn’t feel healthy to me anymore. It feels degrading. I find myself waiting for others to tell me if what I ate looks healthy enough, or if my diet plan is to their standards, if I’m eating few enough calories, if I’m losing weight like they did, moving like they are, doing it their way. Congratulations and encouragement when they approve, silence when they don’t. I’m done waiting on approval and acceptance with my weight loss.

Lorrie unexpectedly passed away of cardiac arrest while exercising at the gym on March 15, after her 30th birthday. Her family believe it was connected to a heart condition she had to be hospitalized for when she was very young. Her husband, Josh set up a memorial page for Lorrie to honor her. This page has a link to the American Heart Association fundraising page to raise money for this good cause in hopes of saving someone else’s life.

Deepest condolences to family and friends.


Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



6 comments:

  1. Wow ~ This is such sad news.
    New Follower ~ Vanessa
    http://athenabandedwarrior.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very, very sad... Praying for her family.

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so very sad. She was so young.
    Laurie
    Lulu and Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pity ... so young and talented ... God bless you, Lorrie!!

    Catherine Haensen
    http://www.weightlossinfopedia.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, this is so awful! Heartbreaking! She sounded like such a lovely person. R.I.P Lorrie xx

    Lisa
    www.losethatweightquickly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP