06 July 2013

July Non-Scale Victory #1

My breakfast this morning. Beehoon, fish slice soup = 349 kcal according to Nutrition.com.sg.

Food journal, Non-Scale Victory

It doesn't look tasty in the picture but believe me it's delicious in reality. It's just that the food picture was taken by a super amateur photographer. ;p

I suppose to journal everything I eat, every single one. I heard many times how food journaling helps to cut down on mindless munching. But I hate counting calorie. There are times when I find it fun and there're other times when I was simply feeling unmotivated. I used to update my journal during the evening and it's hard to remember what I ate. Sometimes I get confuse with the portion and I can't get my measure right. For example, a bowl of beehoon soup could be anything from small bowl to medium bowl, depending on the size. And of course in that vague ingredient, the calories could be 100 or 1000! One more thing, I cook a lot  at home and I don't want to be bothered with weighing and measuring foods.

Do you use a food journal to keep track of what you eat? Do you use an actual paper journal or do you go digital?

Next is Non-Scale Victory. I challenge myself with this Non-Scale Victory Challenge last week. So, here are my progress this week.

NSV Challenge #1: Go to bed early and wake up early in the morning.
The reason why I want to wake up extra early every morning is because devotions first thing in the morning is perfect as this is the least likely time of day for an interruption. Morning is also a great time to have some workout. I still find myself to be a night owl. But I keep trying to get up a little earlier. Though I can't met a morning workout this week because I always woke up late, I still manage to squeeze exercise into my day. I keep the kids busy with a cute Android games, while I get my exercise done. Where there's a will, there's a way.

NSV Challenge #2: 10,000 steps every day

Pedometer; Non-Scale Victory
Track of the day: My highest score on pedometer so far.  Photo taken with super lousy camera phone 
10,000 step a day sounds simple and doable for most people. But then I realize that hitting the 10,000 goal is difficult unless part of your job is walking. I got myself a pedometer to track my steps a day. I have a sedentary lifestyle and so surprise to found out that I could only make less than 2,000 steps a day if I not exercise. The highest steps I achieved so far is only 6,521. The pedometer is a great motivational tools to keep me active, to motivates me to get up and walk when I haven't been so active, push me to exercise so I can earn points. Who would have thought that a little pedometer could motivate me?

NSV Challenge #3: Eating clean for 7 days
My eating was not 100% clean. I have fried noodle and fried rice most of the days because it's the easiet recipe I can prepare. But I haven't had fast foods in a week, except for 2 or 3 time I allow myself to indulge on instant noodles because I have a strong cravings for it. I always have carb cravings before my period. That's why I said it was not 100% clean, but I'm working on it!

I want to add NSV Challenge #4 for this week - Stop eating at least 3 hours before bed. 

So now it's your turn...
1. Do you use a food journal to keep track of what you eat?
2. Do you meet your goals this week?




Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



9 comments:

  1. A pedometer is super motivating! I have a Fit bit and love it. I'm constantly checking it since I have a desk job.

    I've never heard of that soup before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to track my foods daily, but I slack up from it all the time! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a phone app. I don't like counting calories and I doubt I do it to the exact measures..and I'm not even sure if counting calories is as important as counting carbs or exercising, etc. I try to keep track.

    Soup looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from SITS! I've used a pedometer and was amazed how challenging it was to actually get to 10,000. It was a good motivation to fit in extra steps throughout my day like making sure I take a break at work and maybe walking to the ice machine or taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, a food journal is the key to success. I mean I HATE IT, but I always...and I do mean ALWAYS...have more success when I'm doing it. I started using my computer and an app on my phone to make it more "fun" since writing it in a notebook doesn't work well for me.

    I think the soup looks great!! --Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have MyFitnessPal on my ipad and phone, so I don't really have an excuse not to track. I try to use it as I go and enter the food as I'm making my meals or deciding snacks. It helps me to get a good idea of how much I can eat while I get the food ready.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think food journaling in a notebook is better because it is visually easier to go back to see what worked in the past. If a food day was perfect--why not repeat it?! If a food day was terrifying--analyze and try to avoid that in the future.

    Of course you hate analyzing calories. There is quite a bit of work at first. However, if you eat simply with clean food--it is very much easier to calorie count. It encouraged me to seek simple foods.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I count my calories most of the time. It's the only thing that has ever worked for me. I also have horrible cravings around the time of my period. It's awful. I don't feel well either, so I don't want to spend as much time making food. That soup looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to have a pedometer just to see how much I walk a day. I don't think it's enough. I have a tendency to sit at my desk for hours working. I like My Fitness Pal, though I have not checked in since last week. Got to get back on it! I need some motivation! Keep up your good work, Honeybee!

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP