05 May 2015

Drop 10 Weight Loss Challenge Recap

The April's Drop 10 WEIGHT LOSS challenge is now officially over.
Drop 10 Weight Loss Challenge Recap, Non Scale Victory
I set up this weight loss challenge for myself to push myself to shed pounds, and feel better. I aimed to lose at least 10 lb (5 kg) during the challenge, but... #Drop10 is just NOT happening!

Goals 
Weight loss - lose at least 10 lbs (5 kg)
Exercise - Follow the Drop 10 workout 3 times per week and cardio at home least 3 times per week
Diet - Daily intermittent fasting. Eating window between 11 am to 6 pm. Try to eliminate carbs especially rice and bread in my diet. Avoid fast food, party foods, junk food, and sweetened beverage.

Recap
Weight loss - Weight static at 80 kg.
Exercise - I follow religiously the Drop 10 workout on the first week but I lose the motivation to keep going the following weeks.
Diet - Daily intemittent fasting but sometime the eating window get extended. I ate less of rice and bread. I did not touch party foods except for weekend when I allow myself to take a rest from the plan.

I went from 76 kg to 80 kg after Christmas last year. During this #Drop10 challenge I hope to jump start my weight loss journey but weight loss does not happen as expected.

What did I learn from this #Drop10 challenge?

1. Drop10 failed because I am eating too much
I have already cleaned up my diet big time but I'm still not losing weight, it may be that my calorie intake stay the same. In order to shed pounds your body needs to burn more than you consume. In other word, create calorie deficit.

2. Drop10 failed because I'm not being consistent enough 
No fitness plan in the world works if you don't do it consistently. Focusing more on 'eating healthy foods' is not enough for significant weight loss. One of the biggest success points of people achieving their goals is consistency of training and eating. That being said, you are not necessarily spend more time in the gym to be fit. Your workouts should be intensity-dependent. Key: the harder you work, the shorter your workout time may need to be. Got that!

3. Drop 10 failed because I am eating wrong foods 
I did well in avoiding excess bread, sugar, and anything else that’s processed. Starchy carbohydrates (like potatoes, brown rice, grains) should be eaten on days of strength training but on rest days or when I'm doing light cardio, I should've try to stick to just protein and veggies and not a lot of those starchy foods.
Drop 10 Weight Loss Challenge Recap, Non Scale Victory
Not losing weight: I expect that wearing kaftan top would hide my look-alike-6 month-pregnant belly but it appeared to even convinced  others that I  were pregnant when I were not!

Is It Success or Failure?

On scale yes I'm maybe FAILED. But wait I'm NOT fail altogether. During this Drop10 challenge I've learned to develop this mindful style of eating. I've learned how to curb my cravings and avoid junk food. I'm craving healthy foods now- not junk food any more! I now find that junk food does not taste as good as it used to. To sum up, I consider myself a SUCCESS despite what the scale said.

How do you define success? 
Share your two cents in the comments below! 

Previously on Drop 10 Challenge:


Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



5 comments:

  1. I need to try that cheat day thingy or find what works for me. Drop 10 failed because I am eating wrong foods :D

    aptulux reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison Zoie,
      This is embarrassing but... I still try to find out which eating plan work best for me. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Sorry, comment bombing your blog here :) But, a big no, no no for number 3! Weight loss comes down to calories and math-simple as that. It doesn't matter what kinds of foods you're eating, as long as you're eating at a calorie deficit. Google the Twinkie guy-a teacher who did a Twinkie diet experiment and not only lost weight, but improved his blood panels. Or watch Fat Head, where a comedian eats only Mcdonalds for a month, and also loses the weight and improves his blood work. And in my own weight loss journey the same thing happened-I continued to eat ALL the foods I liked, just ate less of them. Lost the extra weight, improved my blood panels (including no longer being a pre-diabetic woot!), and I've now been maintaining for two years. So far this week I've eaten out three times, had a donut, ice cream, cookie etc etc :) Oh, and things like vegetables, fruit, whole grains and so on :)

    The best way to go about losing weight is to just keep things simple! Eat the foods you love, just eat less of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara,
      "Eat the foods you love, just eat less of them." Sounds simple. Moderation is the key here, right. But my problem is I can be out of control sometime. Huhu...I'd love to hear more about your weight loss journey. Keep in touch.

      Delete
  3. If you are looking for more information about flat rate locksmith Las Vegas check that right away. Guided Meditation for Empotional Healing

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP