28 April 2015

[Day 16 Drop 10 Challenge] How to Lose Weight Fast Without Counting Calories

Drop 10 Weight Loss Challenge is on Day 16 today. I am trying to write daily blog post to keep you up to date with my progress but as you can see it doesn't work. I am not a good blogger!
Drop 10 Weight Loss Challenge, Lose Weight Without Counting Calories

My original weight loss plan this April is to do a Daily Intermittent Fasting for 21 days from Apr 13 to May 3, 2015. I'm following the Fast-5 Diet rules which to fast for 19 hours (including sleep) and I'd have a 5 hour daily feeding window between 10 am to 3pm. But I've change it from 11 am to 6pm to suit my lifestyle. I'm actually feeling not any lighter than I was when I started this challenge. My tummy won't shrink! I don't restrict calorie during the eating window and maybe that's why.

I'm not really into calorie counting these days. I am not saying counting calories doesn't help but I'm afraid the routines is making me obsess about food. There’s no better way to strip the enjoyment out of your next meal than to think whether or not you could substitute one food with a lower calorie option, what and when your next meal is, or get out a food journal to make sure you don't exceed a certain number. Food is to be enjoyed! But you know the science of weight loss. Eat fewer calories and exercise to burn more calories. No matter what diet you're following, if you eat too many calories you won't lose weight. This combination is what we called "calorie deficit" and said to be the key to effective weight loss.
"If you're trying to lose weight, you want this to be a negative number - a "caloric deficit." For instance, if you eat 1500 calories and you burn 2000, you've created a 500 calorie deficit that day. Your main goal for fat loss is to accumulate a significant caloric deficit over the entire week."

Honestly, I'm tired of counting calories. Is there any possible way to lose weight that don't involve tracking calories? Authority Nutrition show you simple tricks that could help you lose weight WITHOUT having to do math every day.

1. Cutting Carbs to Reduce Appetite 

Don't be surprise if your Asian host serve you rice with virtually every meal. We eat a lot of rice. Rice is a food staple for many Asian countries. A good pal shared to me not long time ago that she lost a lot of weight by cutting rice out of her diet. Probably the most effective way to start losing weight without calorie control is by cutting rice from my diet. Or to be specific, cut back on carbohydrates - rice, bread, pasta, potato and cereal, white flour, refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup.

One study show that people who eat less carbohydrates feel less hungry therefore automatically start to eat less calories. Reducing carbs also lowers your insulin levels which leads to significant reductions in water weight.

2. Eat Eggs for Breakfast to Make You Lose Weight Fast

Eggs are among the most nutritious foods on the planet. It contain about 6 grams of high quality protein. Studies have shown that people who eat eggs for breakfast are more likely to lose weight than those who ate bagels. This is probably because the protein and fat in eggs keep you feeling full much longer and reducing the need for a mid morning snack.

3. Eat Low Energy Density Foods to Trick Your Brain Into Losing Weight
'Energy density' is the amount of energy (or calories) per gram of food. Foods that are high in fat and have a low water content, like candy and desserts have high energy densities, while foods that are naturally high in water, high in fibre and lower fat such as fresh fruit and vegetables are tend to have a lower energy density. Studies have shown that by choosing foods with a low energy density (like vegetables and some fruits) can can help you feel more satisfied with fewer calories, without feeling hungrier.

Do you have anything else to add? Share your wisdom in the comments below.
Drop 10 Weight Loss Challenge
5 more days to complete this challenge. Deep down, I'm afraid if I don't lose weight --- if I don't lose at least 10 pounds on this challenge, I'll be disappointed again. But whatever...I know that the number on the scale is NOT everything. At the end of this Drop 10 challenge I promise that whatever the number on a scale, I won't let it be the determining factor in whether I've succeeded or failed.

Previously on Drop 10 Challenge:
[Day 2] April Drop 10 Weight Loss Challenge
[Day 3] Three Common Sense Approach To Cheat Your Way To Lose Weight
[Day 4] How Do You Show Love And Support To Others Without Involving Food?
[Day 5] Another Inspiring Weight Loss Story



Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



2 comments:

  1. Intermittent fasting is an umbrella term for several plans, some which are specifically for weight loss and then others, like the 5-fast, are not specifically weight loss plans on their own. You still have to eat at a calorie deficit within the 5 hour window, in order to lose weight :)

    I did alternate day IF for my weight loss phase (alternated between very low calorie days and then maintenance calorie days)
    I did 5:2IF during my transition period from weight loss to maintenance (two very low calorie days a week, with 5 maintenance level calorie days a week)
    And I'm now using 16:8IF as part of my maintenance plan, which is similar to the Fast-5 idea, except I have an 8 hour window. I definitely have to be mindful of my calorie intake during those 8 hours though!

    I LOVE IF and studies are producing some promising results, especially with longevity of life issues. But, to lose weight you still have to eat at a calorie deficit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used this method and now i am so happy with my weight.
    3 Weeks Diet

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP