16 April 2015

[Day 4 Drop 10 Challenge] How Do You Show Love and Support to Others Without Involving Food?

It's Day 4 on Drop 10 challenge today.
Drop 10 Weight Loss Challenge
Mr husband brought home my favorite peanut waffle today which I reject it not. I afraid he may not want to buy for me next time if I did. I'm actually happy that he got something for me that I feel loved and I just want to appreciate that. (You know I hate to admit but being a stay-at-home mom is brutally lonely. Sometimes you can be easily touched by simple act of affection.) We've also heard this line a million times already, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Mean that a woman can make a man love her by cooking him good meals. Cooking is one way to show love.  I remember every time I visit my parents, mom will always have something to serve. Even when I am on diet, I can't...I mean okay first, good foods are hard to resist and secondly I don't want mom to take it personally and be offended just because I refused to eat the foods she prepared wholeheartedly.

People show their love through giving food.

Why people tend to link food with love? I think it's a behavior that we learned growing up. Most of us at early ages learned to associate foods with affirmation especially from parents. But if your loved one is on a weight loss goals, how do you show love and support without involving food? Here are few ideas:

1. Gift that show LOVE 

My husband never bought me flowers. Not even when we were still date. And I secretly hope he would buy me one day because I thought it would be romantic. The hubs more prefer to spend money on things that have added value like foods. Haha If you have creativity and a little time, believe me you don't need to spend a fortune to show someone you care. You can create card for no reason and send to them when they least expect it. Or list down 100 things you love about your loved ones, print it out and frame it to show your admiration for them. To make it extra special, read it out loud!

2. Simple but smart conversational 

Be a good listener. You have conversations with your loved one often, but are you really listening? Listen actively to express your interest. Make eye contact so that they will know with certainty that you are absorbing every single word. You can throw in an encouraging phrase here and there to show that you're paying attention. I told my husband that I never liked like him playing games on his mobile while I was trying to have a conversation with him. It gives me impression that he does not truly listen and I always end up feel like I'm talking to the wall because he is so distracted to respond. Everyone wants to be heard. Give him or her time to say what he or she wants to say.

3. Offer your time 

Spending quality time with the one you love is important in every relationship. Walk together in the evening is one fun activity that you can do together, you can take the kids which will also encourage family bonding. Have lunch together during the week, or have dinner by candlelight, even with the kids. Exercising together can also help in bonding.

Drop 10 Weight Loss Challenge

There are many ways you can show your loved one how much you care in ways they'll truly appreciate --- without involving food! Please add your ideas in the comment;
 How do you show love to others without involving food?


Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



No comments:

Post a Comment

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP