14 March 2011

Eucalyptus Oil : Its Many Uses Other Than Treating Colds and Coughs

Eucalyptus forest in Australia. Photo from greenlivingtips

Eucalyptus oil is the generic name for distilled oil from the leaf of Eucalyptus, a genus of the plant family Myrtaceae native to Australia and cultivated worldwide. I quote this explanation from the wikipedia. I like the smell of eucalyptus oil. It smell like a baby, so fresh and clean.

I literally use eucalyptus oil whenever I caught with a colds and coughs. I know I'm going to be sick when I have a dry cough, sometimes comes with a sore throat. Before it going worse, I will seek eucalyptus oil for the magic cure. Drab a drop of eucalyptus oil on nostrils. Massage the oil briskly on the chest and back. For babies, dilute the eucalyptus oil in water and baby oil and rub with gentle on his chest and back.


Well, eucalyptus oil is not only good at treating colds and coughs. It also best use to relieve breathing discomfort. When you have runny nose, sometimes breathing is difficult that you have to breathe through the mouth. Breathing discomfort is really miserable especially during bedtime. Add required amount of eucalyptus oil to a bowl of steaming hot water, cover the head with a towel and inhale the penetrating vapors to clear up a stuffy nose and make breathing easier.


I use this eucalyptus oil for my baby after his bath. I simply rub this oil gently on his abdomen to ease flatulence. This oil is good in preventing 'wind' for newborn when applied to their navels.

Using eucalyptus oil for baby bath stimulates blood circulation. But I rarely use it for my baby bath, instead I use for mine. Just add a few drop of eucalyptus oil in your warm bath water. It gives invigorating feeling. When I caught with colds, taking bath with a mixture of eucalyptus oil in a warm water keep my body warm.



When travel far, no matter by plane or car I always feel terrible because I have always had a motion sickness. If you ever had experience like me, you know what I'm talking about.   You feel nausea, upset stomach, drowsiness and fatigue. Very bad feeling. This day, you can deal motion sickness with Relief Band for Motion Sickness. But I still choose eucalyptus oil for relief. It is like a travel aromatherapy for me. Just drop one or two on a handkerchief and smell it to cope with the nausea feeling, and sleep all the way till I reach my destination.



To soothe an aching muscular and joint, massage the eucalyptus oil on the affected area. Apart from the medicinal uses, you still can use eucalyptus oil around the houses. My friend says, he use eucalyptus oil as air freshener. He just refill an empty air freshener bottle and use it around his house for fresher air. You can use these tips I read from a website called greenlivingtips.

He shares another use of eucalyptus oil.

  • General disinfectant for toilets - mix 50 ml (1.6 oz) of eucalyptus oil with a litre (quart) of water. That's it - you can store it as you would a normal disinfectant.
  • Can be used neat in order to remove sticker/decal residue from glass
  • Add 1-2 teaspoonfuls of eucalyptus oil to your load of washing for a fresh scent along with the anti-microbial benefits 
  • Use the oil neat to help remove paint, grease and ink from clothes
  • If you have a hanging car air freshener that's almost dead, reinvigorate it by adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil
  • Half a teaspoon mixed with half a litre (half quart) of water makes for a good bug repellent for plants
  • Use it as a stainless steel cleaner
  • To use as a room air freshener, mix a quarter of a teaspoon or 15 drops of eucalyptus oil with a half teaspoon of vodka, place in an atomizer/spray bottle and add 2 cups of water.
  • A good dust mite solution for the floors is boiling water and eucalyptus as well, it makes a good damp mop when the dust bunnies are breeding. It kills the mites. 


Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



5 comments:

  1. I never knew so much about eucalyptus oil. Thank you for sharing all this useful information and thank you for visiting me!
    Madison
    My Meddling Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Madison. Great to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the useful insight points.


    forum rachat credit aussi rachat de credit pour fonctionnaire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried it yet, but I've read that tea tree oil, or Melaleuca alternifolia oil, is an effective natural remedy for pearly penile papules. Tea tree oil is a really lovely product from Australia--it tingles and smells kind of like eucalyptus, and I've used as a treatment for cuts and blisters, because it acts as an antimicrobial. Its also the main ingredient in the Derma Remedies product. I'm going to make an experimental paste of garlic and tea tree oil and let you guys know what happens to the annoying wart on my right heel (the place where I always get blisters from sandals).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never heard about pearly penile papules before. this is useful information, every men should know. maybe i should have a post on it next time. tea tree oil is my favorite too. cleanser contains tea tree oil do wonders to problem skin, especially acne.

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP