01 April 2014

Weight Loss Challenge 2014: Slim-Possible-April

Sorry I have been silent all week. It was school holiday and we spent the entire week at my parents'. I can't find time for blogging over the holidays, same for dieting and exercising. Totally abandoned!

Quotes, Weight Loss Challenge

So this April I'm giving myself a fresh start, starting over with eating real food, kicking bad habits. If you read my older post, you'll know that this is not the first time I had mention about 'starting over'. You maybe fed up to read about my no-ending weight loss plan and story and my struggle to keep up with it but hey, who cares? I have failed many times but giving up is not an option.

I received a notification from fatsecret.com yesterday, and I was taken aback with my weight loss effort so far. The last time I updated my fatsecret account was a year ago today. I was 74 kg, lost and gain back 6 kg during the period. After a year I am back to square one. It's frustrating but like what they used to say, "don't be upset by the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do." I did a simple SWOT analysis to review my weight loss plan and come to a conclusion why I'm not getting anywhere yet: It's because I'm not pushing hard enough, I'm not exercising consistently, I eat more calories than I burn and following all the wrong diet.


To push myself, I set another weight loss self-challenge this month. I call this Weight Loss Challenge: Slim-Possible-April. As a matter of fact, I'm kind of afraid to blog about this here, because I scared if I'm not losing weight, if I'm not reaching my own goal in specific time, I would end up embarrassing myself. I worried that I would make a fool of myself. If you're wondering why there's no more 'report' of my weight loss plan for some time now, it's not because I'm quitting. I'm still working things out behind this blog, but am afraid to share to the world what I'm up to because I worried about not making any result. I don't want to boring my readers to tears with such a "long lame story". I did that and this. But result zero. So I choose to blog about my weight loss only after I reach my 1st goal. That was what I planned last year when I noticed the scale stuck at 74 kg. Nah! Maybe this is another reason why I never reach my goals. Fear and self doubt. This can be a weight loss barrier that holding anyone back from taking risks. 

I need to remind myself again, that the first objective I set up this blog is to document my journey, and by doing that I will hold myself accountable. [Dear myself] My weight loss journey is not suppose to fascinate other people or to please some one else. My weight loss journey could be boring, but this is my story and I'm so blessed to have my readers' back, someone who listen to my struggle, offer me encouraging words I needed and I can't be thankful enough for that kind of support.

Okay, here I'm shouting out loud my Slim-Possible-April Weight Loss Challenge as a way (I think) to getting past self doubt and trusting in my ability to achieve. 

The plan:
Diet plan
1. Daily Intermittent Fasting.
2. Stay under 1300 calories.
3. No junk food, no deep fried food, no fast food.
4. No soda.
5. Get 6-8 glasses of  water per day.
6. Drink a cup of green tea.
7. Eating as clean as possible

Workout plan
1. Exercise everyday except Sunday and Wednesday (Rest day)

Goals
1. Action! Work the plan.
2. Lose at least 5 kg by May 1, 2014.
 
I have no problem with not drinking soda but saying goodbye to junk food and fast food for the next 30 days? It could be a real challenge. It's hard to walk into a convenience store without junk food blasting you in the face. Staying within my calorie budget each day is also difficult because snacking is my old, bad habit that hard to brush off. It's all too easy to slip into mindless eating habits. But that's the reason it is called a 'challenge', isn't it? If this is easy you wouldn't call this a challenge, do you agree?

Quotes, Weight Loss Challenge

Sorry for rambling. I will keep you updated. Now your turn, share in the comments:
What is your biggest insecurity in 2014? How are you going to overcome it and move confidently past it?





Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



5 comments:

  1. Just keep at it! We all struggle, backtrack, and go at it once again. Best of luck with your goals. Try not to go into those places with junk food when you are hungry that makes it much harder to fight the temptation. I have found if I go into a convenience store after work when I am hungry, I will give into a temptation. So I try to eat a Greek yogurt before leaving work that way I'm not driving home with a gnawing hunger :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Define your intermittent fasting plans, and how far 'below 1300 calories' you plan to go/achieve regularly. I'm a little concerned for you over those two points, but I know you can do this. AND, don't worry about embarassing yourself. This is YOUR blog, YOUR nook of the world. Hell with anyone else. (and, um, for that reason, only my hubby knows about my blog. Not my daughters, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honeybee....go for it..ur blog has put me back on track of weightloss....it should help u...best thing is u must forget each past day n start afresh the new day..this helps to be motivated....keep exercising...I have started having a protein dish b4 temptations catch hold of me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. N yes I loooooove ur blog...thx..muchh love

      Delete
  4. Dear Liz, Gwen, Riya: Thanks all for your great support. You never knew how much this meant to me. Reading all you nice comments makes me feel that I'm not all alone. Will try my best! Thanks.

    Regards,
    Honeybee

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP