16 April 2014

Top 5 Non-Weight Loss Benefit of Regular Exercise

Day 16. Less than a month to go to complete Slim-Possible-April Challenge.

someecards, weight loss, fitness

I always loved weekend. Because I can blame all the overeating and splurge, and exercise slip-ups on the weekend. Well, yes it's true. I never survive weekend or holidays. Weekend or holidays is always a diet disaster for me. And last week was no exception. It always takes me some time to get back on track. Could be a day. Could be a week. 

It was a good day today. My diet today was not so clean, not so perfect but I manage to complete the 100-Squats-a-Day Challenge. Success! Why? Before this I used to skip exercise whenever I screw up my diet.  I am a firm believer that you cannot out train a bad diet. So when my diet go wrong I skip exercise thinking that exercise after a bad diet is a waste of time.

Even if it doesn't cause weight loss, exercise actually can have a big benefit for your health. Here are five proven health benefits you can gain by moving more.

weight loss quotes, fitness picture

1. Reduce your risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes and cancer 
Daily physical activity can help prevent major illness by up to 50% and lower your risk of early death by up to 30% by strengthening your heart muscle, lowering your blood pressure, raising your high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels (good cholesterol) and lowering low-density lipoprotein (LDL) levels (bad cholesterol), improving blood flow, and increasing your heart's working capacity.

2. Promoting physiological well-being 
Regular physical activity can improve your mood, boost self-esteem, sleep quality and energy. Researchers also have found that exercise is likely to reduce your risk of stress, depression, dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.

3. Prevent back pain
Regular exercise can helps prevent or improve back pain. Simple exercises like walking increasing muscle strength and endurance and improving flexibility and posture. It is often the best medicine to help alleviate back pain. But remember to move in moderation if you suffers from back pain.

4. Help prevent osteoporosis
High-impact weight-bearing exercises help build bones, keep them strong and may prevent many forms of bone loss associated with aging.

5. Decrease appetite
According to Fitsugar, other studies have found that exercise, both cardio and cardio combined with weight training, increases hormones that decrease appetite.

Now back to you, write in the comments: 
Why do you workout? 
How does exercise make you feel? (makes you feel sexy, healthy, confident, etc)

I want to share with you some photos I took last weekend. Have a blessed and meaningful Holy Week everyone!






















Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



3 comments:

  1. I do really feel that exercise helps keep my mood up. I have those fleeting moments of depression, but I wonder what it might be like if I wasn't exercising every day. Exercise ironically gives me MORE energy. If I do NOT work out, then I'm much more sluggish and tired than if I spend an hour or more being active. It does just make me feel better about myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always used to add sugar in my tea, coffee and in some juice drinks such as Mangosteen Juice, orange juice etc. But now as I have gained some mass I have decided to quit taking sugar in any form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you written the post on Weight loss. You have raised such great points to think about.
    You have provided the most informative and helpful ways about Weight loss. Thanks For sharing such a nice post on reduce weight ...

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP