23 August 2013

30 Days 30 Letters: An Open Letter To My Diet Buddy #18 - Weight Loss Freedom


This is letter #18 in Her Weight loss Diary's new series - 30 Days Letters to My Diet Buddy project. The road to weight loss can be tough. If you want to feel like you aren't alone in your diet endeavors, buddying up can hold you accountable for every bite you take. Subscribe here, because you don't want to miss any letter.

P.s. Don't hesitate to share your thoughts, the best thoughtful comments will be featured every Friday.

Email:

Dear Diet Buddy,

What does weight loss freedom means to you? For me, weight loss freedom is not wearing husband's t-shirt anymore. Weight loss freedom means not hiding my body under a baggy t-shirt anymore. Weight loss freedom means I can order clothes online without worrying if they're fit or not.

You'll see my picture how I hide behind my children to try and cover my fat. Weight loss freedom means I will no longer hide behind others on purpose when taking pictures! I want to lose weight so I can increase my self-confidence, be happy and have pictures with my kids. I refuse to have my picture taken all because of that.  




Gwen of Sky and Surf share the glorious wonder of freedom on her blog. So beautiful, I thought I'd share:

You want to know what I suddenly realized Sunday? I AM FREE. I now have:

FREEDOM from the addiction to starches and sugar.

FREEDOM to enjoy a day, or an outing, or a special occasion....and not fret over what I can eat, or 'not eat.'

FREEDOM from the guilt of overeating. Because I never overeat any more.

FREEDOM from the sense of dietary deprivation. I don't need 'cheat' days or meals...because I don't want crap food much anymore. Even a tiny teaspoon of it, when I consume it at all, is more than enough. But 95% of the time I have no interest in it. At all.

FREEDOM from embarrassment over what size clothes I wear. That's because I'm between a size medium and a size small...and now am a true size 8 petite. YAY! (yep. it's true. tried those jeans on and they fit.) (woot woot!!)

FREEDOM from fretting over what I should eat, or can eat, at any restaurant. I can go to any restaurant, and not only tailor my meal to my food ideals, but enjoy exactly what I eat. I don't rue what anyone else is eating. I am excited by what I'm eating!

FREEDOM from a fear of 'maintenance.' Because there is no maintenance. This is a life style change. Nothing will be any different in 2 years from now than it is right now. And I find that not a challenge, but very soothing. I got this. I not only 'got this', but 'I got this' is now EASY.

FREEDOM from restrictions. I don't feel restricted by my food choices. Each choice is based on choosing health and life over disease and premature death. When you feel that way, there is only one choice.

I have every one of those freedoms now.



Freedom is a life without boundaries, you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever your want, with whoever you want. Now, I want to hear from you:

What does freedom means to you?

Yours truly,





Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



5 comments:

  1. thank you so much for the shout out and link, Honey! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing wonderfully. And your kids = so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics of you and your kids are so cute. There is no reason to hide behind them though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freedom means not worrying about what others think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a slow response from me, but thanks for commenting. I hope one day I will be able to moving through my insecurity.

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP