26 August 2014

10 Reasons Why You Should Not Give Up On Losing Weight Now

I am a super massive mama in real life. My audience used to comment on my picture, 'oh you look just good, 'you don't look like you need to lose weight.' Picture can lie. You can stand in specific angle and look just better than in real life. Friends use to asked about my weight loss progress, since I post alot about weight loss inspiration on social media, and to answer that, yes my weight goes down and up, down and up again, and now up and up and up! I feel like I just wanted to blame the hormones, blame the metabolism, the food ads on TV, blame my love for unhealthy food or my lack of daily exercise. Or maybe let's just say it is an inevitable part of aging. All this weight loss drama made me so want to give up the idea of losing weight.


What is a dream that you feel like giving up on?

Alright yes. I have given up at one point. But giving up on my ultimate dream to lose weight is not something worth doing. I need to remind myself to "never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." ~Earl Nightingale 

To re-inspire myself, I make a list: 10 reasons why you should NOT give up on losing weight now.

1. Because it's going to be worth it
I have a long list of why I want to lose weight but the most serious reason why I want to lose weight is because to improve my health and to improve the quality of life. I want to be able to playing with the kids and chase them all around without getting tired easily. I want to reduce the risk of diabetes. I can't afford to be sick for the sake of my children. I know if I push through the discomfort, it always be worth it in the end.

2. Because you are not failing, just taking up the wrong route

Losing weight may require trial and error. What works for others does not necessarily works for you. If other people running and lose weight, you don't have to force yourself into running to lose weight if you enjoy zumba or crossfit more than running. You may try all sorts of diet to lose weight and when you've found what's easy and what's hard, start working your way up from there. 

We are in an era where all information is at our fingertips. Nothing wrong with knowing all these kind of weight loss knowledge, but what matter most is you should spend less time planning and devote more time doing. Why not tweak your strategy by narrow down all the knowledge you discover and start again from a less overwhelming space? One baby step at a time like drink more water, do some squats before sitting down or avoid junk food.

3. Because success isn't rewarding if it's easy
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." ~ Beverly Sills
The most difficult things bring the biggest rewards. You want that kind of motivation you had when you first started, but the sad truth is that motivation is a fleeting feeling that always fades over time. When things get difficult, remember the rewards and remind yourself of why you're doing this. Use SWOT analysis to review or to confirm your weight loss goal. You can't possibly make something happen if you don’t know exactly what you want, your strength, your weakness. You didn't want to walk away before you give yourself every opportunity to succeed, did you?

4. Because worst thing might happen if you give up and don’t reach your goal
You will never know how far you could have gone if you quit now. You’ll miss out on being the person you’d become through the effort if you give up now. And I believe losing weight and being fit is the sweetest revenge to the people who always make fun of you because of your weight.

5. Because you are not afraid of losing weight
Are you afraid of losing weight? Are you afraid of  succeeding at weight loss?

I'm too scared to lose weight if I end up with loose skin.

Losing weight may also mean losing friends. 

Losing weight will age me. 

Can I maintain my weight loss for the long term? 

You want to give up losing weight now because you're afraid about the future, about your weight, or maybe you're tired of dieting so you want to play it safe. Alright, you won't disappoint anyone if you give up on trying to get healthy and lose weight now but you also won’t inspire anyone, nor help or inspire yourself. Putting your fears aside never easy, but it is an important step in your weight loss journey.

6. Because the feeling to give up is just an emotion not thinking things through
Sometimes the feeling to give up is an indication that you're on the right track. You're trying to lose weight and having problems succeeding, then it may be time to change your approach to exercise and learn how to improve your diet. If you act in that moment of frustration, you may regret it once the wave has passed.

So sit back and take note of what you’re feeling.

7. Because you don't have an honest explanation to to give to your loved one for why you gave up
Would you like telling your children, "I decided not to replace my unhealthy eating habits with a healthy one so you can follow my example and inherit my unhealthy body image?"

Would it be fun to tell your husband "I stopped trying to lose weight because I don't bother to look attractive anymore, I am too busy with taking care of everyone else around me to look after my own health?"

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fattest of them all?" 
8. Because your life would not be better if you gave up
Think about your weight loss goal carefully, is this really a good thing? Weigh all the consequences of its fulfillment. Because not all weight loss goals are helpful. Perhaps your goal is completely unrealistic — for example, losing 10 pounds a week. Unrealistic goals will only set you up for disappointment. Drop the goals to a better and much more doable goals. 

9. Because you are not putting in enough effort
Take some time to think about your weight loss plan and then rank the importance of losing weight on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being most important and 10 being least important).

Compare these two things:
  • Where you ranked the importance of weight loss 
  • How much time and energy you spend in the pursuit of it - exercises, balanced meals, sleeping time, managing stress, etc.
Are you really willing to let your dreams go because you don't believe in yourself? How much money and time have you devoted? How many sacrifices have you made?

10. Because you want someone to look at you and say 'Because of you I didn't give up'
Would you tell your diet buddy to throw in the towel because it's impossible for her to reach her goal? Or would you help her see what you see in her potential? Push yourself beyond what you think your limits are and be strong because no one else is going to do it for you! Because you never know who you are inspiring. Because you are your own best cheerleader and you deserve YOUR belief and motivation more than anyone in this world. 


Share in the comments: What is a dream that you feel like giving up on?


Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



4 comments:

  1. I too am struggling to loose weight. I'm down 54 lbs but need to loose another 75 or there about. I am tired, but I do feel better and like you said, there is no real reason to give up except for laziness which I have discovered I possess. PLUS I want to inspire someone like others have inspired me. Keep at it lady, you'll make it.
    Dawn
    Spatulas On Parade
    no it doesn't help that I'm a food blogger, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make a plan each day n try stickng to it...until u succeed..slipups are not the end...its just that destination a little more farther...start again sweety

    ReplyDelete
  3. Struggling to loose weight? Check out Customized Fat Loss Review for weight loss solution, that is all about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, the step to receive a six pack is to get more sleep. If you aren't sleeping enough you're going to find you're a lot more hungry throughout the day plus chances are you won't have enough Venus Factor Review vitality to complete a workouts anyway.

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP