28 January 2013

Water Fasting for Weight Loss. Again.


I am really thinking about trying water fasting. Again.

I feel that this few months I've been eating mindlessly - always got the munchies even when I'm not hungry.  I did mention about weekend detox in my previous post. But that plan seems fail to tame my big appetite. Talking about willpower.

Well, water fasts may be the most brutal, but I think it's a great way to break bad diet and kick start a healthy lifestyle. I know this process is not going to be exciting. I've been there once. It kinda feel irritated when you're hungry. But I'm still considering a water fast for a few days, and see how things go. I wish i had some willpower to try and lose weight again. If you have some motivation or tips, you can share with me.

For friends who are also considering a water fast, you might want to be inspired by Olivia Cohen. She began a 40 day water fast for a spiritual reason. Even though she did not doing this fast for weight loss purpose, I think we can learn something from her water fast experience.

Vitamin and Minerals
I found Olivia's posting on CureZone and these are the vitamins and minerals she took while on a water fast.

Three times a day (with 20 ounces of water each time):
  • 1 daily multivitamin for men (Walgreen's brand)
  • 1 daily multivitamin for women (Walgreen's brand)
  • 1 iron tablet (any brand usually works for me) 
  • 1 B12 tablet (any brand with the highest RDA % per pill)
  • 3 potassium pills (each from a different brand, so three brands in total each at 3% DRV)
Once a day:
  • 1 sodium/salt tablet, or an empty pill capsule that has been filled with regular table salt (any brand will do for me, but I use Morton)
Drink as much water during the day as I can.
 
According to Olivia, her goal is to decrease the number of pills she have to take each day on an empty stomach, but sometimes she take them as many as six times a day because the fatigue is becoming too great and high risk of fainting involved. Fasting for shorter periods of time, or juice fasts are tempting options, but according to her, she just wanted to do something different, and better this time, for spiritual reasons. Hence, she took the pills to keep her energy at normal levels.

Olivia documented her fasting journey on YouTube. She weighed 199 lbs (90 kg) on her first day, and she weighed 150.4 lbs (68 kg) by the 40th day. She lost an a total of incredible 48.6 lbs (22 kg) in 40 days. You can found her on her YouTube Channel aaroncohen.


Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



3 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
    garlic benefits.
    cinnamon benefits.
    running for weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are facing the problem of yeast infection and want to know the natural and herbal treatment for that disease so come to my site
    http://www.yeastinfectionnomoreebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are involve in yeast infection disease. Then stay with us.We are protect you from this disease.
    http://yeastinfectionnomoreebook.com/

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP