29 August 2016

Going to the Gym Won't Actually Help You Lose Weight – But Why I Still Go to the Gym Every Week?

August is ending soon! It's been a while since I last posted. I wrote my first blog post after haven't posted for the last 3 months last night but the internet line was so slow that I had to save as draft. When I checked the post today before I get it published, the post was not there. Blogger not saving my blog post draft, I am so irritated right now! Huh.

The hubs got a new job recently and we just got busy moving to a new town that I have no time to write a blog post. And while I'm busy adapting to a new environment, my diet falling off the diet wagon. Well, things happened. But tell ya I'm sooooo ready to get back on track because life goes on no matter how hard it gets, no matter how you feel. My motto for now is stop hanging on and just move on. Life won't wait for you while you're wasting time waiting for the right time to bounce back from weight loss failure, right?

I signed up for a gym membership earlier this month. Look, I'm not fond of gym. I prefer to workout at home where I can own my own space, I can wear whatever I want, or even listen to my favorite music as loud as I wish. But then why I still choose to pay tons of money to join a gym when I can workout at home instead?

1. Atmosphere 
You are in the fitness atmosphere, and this motivates you to workout. Being surrounded by other people who are in the same boat can boost your motivation to make exercise part of your regular routine. My goal this month is to push myself to go to the gym at least three times a week and find my rhythm. And when I already got my momentum I may going on a more regular basis, which will help make my weight loss goals more attainable.

2. Distraction 
I am prone to procrastinate when at home. Taking 5 minutes nap after sending off the children to school often becomes 30, 1 more episode of Kdrama usually end up marathoning all the episodes. And who hasn’t told themselves, I’ll get in my workout, right after checking my Facebook or after I reply this WhatsApp message. At this point, I might tell myself I’ll work out later, or tomorrow—and the vicious cycle of procrastination wins. Gym is a good distraction. You’re away from the dirty dishes in the sink, the piled up laundry which can easily distract your focus.

3. Equipment
You're not going to want to spend $10,000 or more on expensive gym equipment. Treadmill, elliptical machine, set of dumbbells, hip abductor machine, abs coaster - the gyms is going to have it all for you. With that wide selection of workout equipment, it'll greatly expands the list of exercise options you have when developing a workout routine for yourself.

4. Price
It is much cheaper to get a gym membership for a year than it is to buy enough equipment to have your own home gym.

Well, we often hear people said "you lose weight in the kitchen" to which I agree. When it comes to shedding extra kilos, eating less is much more important. Exercise has many benefits, but we can't rely fully on it to control weight. Sticking with a healthy eating plan is a real challenge for me this month. I am still trying to fix my bad eating habits but on the bright side I'm slowly begin my exercise routine, slowly building up momentum and the willpower to exercise. Non scale victory, YAY!

Now let me hear from you: What feels right for you, workout at home or join the gym? Share in the comment.


Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



No comments:

Post a Comment

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP