11 March 2015

Non Scale Victory – Self Control

The struggle is real. I don't want to entertain the negative thought. But reality is it's hard to resist the temptation of snack food. You want to munch all day long. When you walking past the fridge, you automatically grab a snack. You find it comfortable eating your lunch while watching TV, which leads to more snacking.
Non Scale Victory – Self Control

Weight Loss Plan
I set a food curfew for myself as part of the weight loss challenge this month. No carbs after 2 pm. Carbs mean breads, pastas, and rice. The idea of restricting carbohydrates after 2pm is one way to encourage weight loss. Carbohydrates can be fattening if you eat too much. But I still allowed myself to consume complex carbs like veggies and fruit, just need to remember portion control.

Non Scale Victory

I am quite satisfied with my personal progress so far. I said "no more food" (simple carbs) after 2pm, but I still have messed up here and there. Only this time, I don't allow myself to slipped too far into it. Our eating habits are on autopilot. When it happened to me - I messed up my diet, I used to take it easy saying "I just blew it out today. I'll start fresh my diet tomorrow." The next day I accidentally took the same route again and I promised myself to start all over again tomorrow. I trapped in this cycle of failure for so long. This time around after a diet slip-up, I determined to pick myself back up and move forward. It's about damage control and I'm not allowing myself to make it worse! I'd have a dialogue with myself, 'are you sure you want to have that a-minute-on-your-lips-forever-on-your-hips treat?' 'Fat lasts longer than flavor, remember?'  I used to argue with myself, 'Just one bite. Just one bite won't hurt. But I try to convince myself that lack of discipline is the key of weight loss failure.

I have also stopped midnight snacking. Go to bed early is one foolproof weight loss solution. Or just drink water. Food cravings could also be a sign of thirst. I am proud of my Non-scale victory so far and hopefully can make this a good week!

Weight Loss Progress

I'm not going to weigh myself this week, not next week. 1 or 2 pound loss doesn't excite me. I don't want that scale discourage me or distract my focus. So I decided my weigh-in day will be the end of the month. Scary!!! The last time I step on a scale, I am a waddling penguin at 80kg! That was how much I weigh during my second pregnancy. It's time to get real about weight loss.

Now you're next: What is your Non-scale Victory this week? As always share in the comments.



Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



2 comments:

  1. Wow, great weight loss tips. :) We need people like you to promote healthy living and proper weight loss regimen. by the way, I'm Laura wood - Independent beach body coach.

    I was frustrated and depressed about the way my body looked and felt. I couldn't get back to where I was.

    I started to look for a way to get in shape and shed those unwanted pounds from pregnancy but going to the gym was not in the budget at the time.

    I began my fitness journey just 3 years ago. On July 4, 2010 I began a P90X Challenge which changed my life. I felt great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, snacks are tempting, noodles are tempting, chicken are tempting... but have to sacrifice something to gain something. But good to see people like you writing their personal experience which gives courage to others. GK Bazaar

    ReplyDelete

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP