16 September 2015

Lose Faith in Losing Weight? Three Simple Things You Can Do to Restore Belief in Yourself

So I drove a car last Sunday for the first time in 13 years.
Nervous mom inside
Nervous mom inside: I haven't driven since getting my license because I'm...
My husband came over the weekend. After two night stay, we had to say goodbye. The children complained, why dad could not stay longer. I think I wrote this earlier in my previous post. Due to my husband's job changes we really had no choice but to live 168 miles away from each other and only spend every weekend together until everything being taken care of - the children's school, new house, etc. We sent daddy off to bus terminal and I had to drive alone with the kids afterward.

I was so freaking nervous!

It's an auto car, but I still worried that I might run into someone else's car, or anything bad like that. When I first got my driving licence, I was 20. I wanted to drive my father's car back then but my parents especially mom, the natural worrier did not allow me to. "Wait until you're good at it (driving)", they said. Whhhat? How on earth you can be a better driver without practice? I knew my argument won't change their mind so I rest my case and haven't driven a car ever since.

I know it sound cliché but last Sunday, it was a touching moments for me. My husband was so convinced to let me drive alone and he did not show any sign of worry. He believes in me more than I do to myself. Of course we survived the "trip", the kids and I arrive home safely and I manage to park the car nicely but what actually I really wanted to share here is about believing in yourself. My husband believe in me, why can't I believe in myself. The same applies with weight loss.

Lose Faith in Losing Weight: Simple Things You Can Do to Restore Belief in Yourself

If you hear yourself saying: "I am born to be fat", "I have no willpower", "life is no fun when I'm on a diet", "I am a hopeless failure. I haven't lost a pound these two weeks", guess what… you won’t be able to lose weight. If I choose not to believe in myself, I'd never lay my hands on the steering wheel that day and we will never reach home. If you don't believe in yourself to hit your weight-loss goals, you may see the path to weight loss as a task that you’re afraid of failing. You may not realize this but your feelings and beliefs can affect your action. Your body will going to respond accordingly. Just as you feared, you’ll fall off your diet or avoid exercise and ruining your weight loss effort.

“No matter how many people believe or don’t believe in you,
you must be the ultimate believer in yourself!”
― Pablo

The driving experience with my husband help me to discover three simple things you can do to restore belief in yourself, to be stay focused while you're losing weight or boost your confidence in whatever life goal you might have now. Hope this may help you too.

1. See yourself as having already achieved the goal
I use this FaceinHole app to visualize myself losing weight. As you all know, weight loss is a constant struggle for me. Weight loss affirmation is a great way to send positive messages to your subconscious mind with new thoughts and image so you'll be nicer to yourself.

2. Remind yourself of past successes
Make a list of your past accomplishment. Remember not all progress can be seen on the scale. Feeling healthier, keeps portion under control or you probably able to do more repetitions are an examples of non scale victories that are well worth celebrating.
 
3. Keep trying until you achieve the results that you know you can achieve
Because weight loss failure is a possibility, we tend to feel quitting or giving up. Failure happens to the best of us. Stop worrying about failure and start to make peace with it by figuring out what doesn't work and what is. Allow each failure to serve as an opportunity to learn about willpower, persistence, self-discipline, and the value of hard work.

Talk it over, take some time to leave your answer in the comments below:

  • What are your biggest goals and dreams?
  • What's stopping you from pursuing them? Why? How can you overcome them?



Encouraged by this?
Sign Up for FREE and never miss a post.
💊 Motivations
📙 Uplifting Stories
👸Celebrities' Lifestyle
🏃Diet and Workout Ideas



No comments:

Post a Comment

You never know who you are inspiring today. Post your comment and talk about it!

< > Home
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Waist Story © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K. | About | Disclaimer
BACK TO TOP